Text Widget

الكاتبة سارة درويش ـ الموقع الرسمي.


Digital Marketing Nanodegree program.. why now?

 

Since childhood, working as a journalist was my dream job. I worked hard for 9 years to be now a senior editor at one of the most important media institutions in Egypt and The Arab world. I love my job, I found my true passion in digging for new stories, editing, and make another one knows that his story worth telling. But what I don't love is being away from my home, and my lovely cats for about 13 hours every day, I don't love to be always worried, stressed, and being too busy to have a social life. What if I decided to marry and have children, how I could manage? I remembered many of my passionate, successful colleges who had to give up work for the sake of their married life and children.

I asked myself many times, is it worth it? Am I happy with my job and life? Did I know, when I dreamed about this work since childhood, about these challenges? I guess the answer is no. So I asked myself again what could I do to find a balance between the work I love and the social life. While I was busy searching for an answer, I heard about the Digital Marketing Nanodegree program, and I think the answer is to go freelance, to have another career, and learn skills that goes with job market trends while enjoying the advantage of flexibility in time and not being tied to a fixed place to work.


March 17, 2021 | سارة درويش